domenica 6 aprile 2008

Xchange, 4th week

Hi guys, how are you??

What about me I must confess that the previous week was very difficult and heavy … Maybe because there was the time changing and I’m still trying to conform myself with this new time, but I feel very tired and sleepy; as an Italian saying goes “Aprile dolce dormire”, it seems to be perfect to describe my physical an psychological state…
What is more the amount of homework that we have to do at university seem to become more and more heavy, exams and final projects are pressing on us and I become more and more nervous too.
Anyway, now it’s time to sum up my last Skype conversation. My fourth discussion with Artem and Sara was really interesting and intense too. We immediately started talking about what is happening in America and Italy during there political elections. First of all Sarah and I asked Artem how exactly America political system works and he explained us in details the differences between American and Italian political system. Then the discussion moved to our nowadays Italian situation and, inevitably we started speaking about propaganda and the 2 Italian videos that Sarah published in the blog. He admitted that he had had a very strange reaction when he watched them in YouTube, but he stayed completely astonished and shocked when we explained him Berlusconi’s video. He didn’t recognise that at the end of it, there are a group of young people that have as a background a terrifying building: the palazzo Della Civiltà Del Lavoro. It’s placed in Rome, was built by Benito Mussolini’s regime and is considered to be the symbol of fascism for the world.
Then Sarah and I expressed our political ideas and we both tried to explain them to Artem, mentioning also an interesting book that describes the political reality in this election period.

Then the discussion became lighter and we talked a little bit about music and plans for the weekend and finally we gave him the precise recipe to prepare Italian famous spritz!!!
I’m very happy of this exchange because I’m getting more and more involved on it and Artem, Sarah and I are creating a great feeling in our weekly discussion.
That's all folks!!!

Nessun commento: