martedì 25 marzo 2008

Xchange, 3rd week


Hi guy..
I hope you have enjoyed this Easter break and that you have time to restore and recollect you energies :- )
In my last post I wrote that I was very happy because of the start of spring; and, of course, in the following day the weather was a disaster; wind, cold, rain and also snow... It seemed as we were in winter...
I didn't do anything interesting in this break, exept eat chocolate, cakes and sleep a lot, but I was sad everydays because of the weather that damaged my Easter's plan..

Anyway, last week the Skype exchange didn't as useful as I expected. I think that the reason was because I didn't have the opportunity to speak with my previous American classmate, Artem. At the very last second Sarah changed the pairing because we Italian students were less than American ones, and so I spoke with a new girl: Michelle. She's very nice, but we spend most of the time to speak about ourselves, to introduce each others and we didn't focus enough about our weekly topic: terrorism and "anni di piombo".

Anyway, about this topic she told me that after September 11th, the situation in USA is completely different. People have become aware of the existence of a king of terrorism that they didn't know before. I asked her something more in details about that day, but she answered me that she hasn't now a vivid memory of what happened because she was too young. But when I asked her about the nowadays situation in USA, her answer caught my attention so much, because she said that now America people are not so much scared and worried about future attacks. They seem to be quite prepared; even better, they are conscious of the possibility that something else in the future could happen, but, on the other hand, they are still living as usual, because, in their opinion, this is the best way to face up too this problem and avoid panic in every-day life. I was very surprise by this consideration.

Fortunately she didn't ask me anything about "anni di piombo" or terrorism in Italy, because I wasn't so much prepared on this topic. I clearly explained her that this topic is not so much analyse during High School education because it's considered too recent by the Educational Minister, and so teachers decided to focused more on the First and the Second World War that the last years of the XX century.
Then our conversation finished without any kind of useful conclusions.
I hope that next time the topic will be more interesting...

See you on Wednesday the 1st...

Nessun commento: