lunedì 17 marzo 2008

Xchange, 2nd week



Hello peers!
How are you? I hope you're all fine. Sorry for the late of thi post but this weekend my computer at home decided not to collaborate with me and with my scholar activitives, so I had to postpone the updating of imy blog until this morning.


Anyway.. Have you seen that, at least, SPRING is coming (very slowly,actually), but it's doesn't matter. This morning I'm very happy because walking from the railway station to the university, I saw that trees are already in blossom and the rays of light appared beyond the clouds. It was a wonderful moment. Despite the fact that spring is not my favorite season ( it's summer the best one for me), I think that spring it's a moment of "revival" and "refreshment" from the sadness of winter. It's a source of energy, that will help me for the last months of classes here, at university.

Anyway, about our Skype Exchange, unfortunately I have very few to say. Last Wendnesday, in the Lab, we didn't speak with our American collegues because they had Sping break and so it's a long time since of I hadn't news from my "little" Artem (my American peer). I wrote him a brief message but I haven't had any answer back, yet; who knows, how did he sent these spring holiday?? (maybe I will ask him the next Wendnesday!!!).

Despite this failure of contact with our American friends, last Monday in class we had the pleasure to know Chiara Olivi. She is one of the girls who makes the exchange with our in USA, and last week she came in Italy to meet her parents, that live near Padua. It's was really a nice experience: first of all because Chaira is a very pretty and sweet girl, and secondly because we had the possibility to pose her a lot of questions and discuss about everyting (hobbies, activities, Americal school system, "campus" and also she tolm us her impressions about Italy and our univerisity). I hope that she will take with her in USA a good impression of our group!!!!

About our weekly task, it was quite easy: we were supposed to discuss in our group and to come up with one question to pose to the Americans. After a lot of difficulties to come in contact with my Italian peers, and different opinions about the final question to create, we decided to ask them something more about the Americans' view of Italian lifestyle and in particular how much their view is influenced by mass-media. All our questions were equally interesting but my peers were right. As Martina noticed in hers blog, the question about the influence of mass-media could be a good starting point for a lively general discussion.

Ok guys, now it's time to attend the lesson with Sarah; I'm curious to discover which will be the topic of today!!!

See you soon!
Bye!










Nessun commento: